Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Notes for Project 2: Participatory Practices

Based on the participatory practices that I was thinking about using (that I would have people take a video of me as I ran by or something to that extent), I am thinking about doing something else on top of that. I was considering using camera tossing with other people's access to cell phone or other portable camera devices. So what I was thinking of doing this time was starting a relay type thing in which I would get people to help me participate in a cell phone camera toss and capture relay race. It's some what a recent idea and I haven't really thought through how it will work at the moment, but I would have the participants do a run and then toss their camera to the next person as like the baton so that the next person could continue and so fourth.

My aim with this is to use the poor quality of the camera to act as a different perspective of an event and I wanted to utilize participation by having people use their phones to show differences between the quality of the footage as well as get other people involved in the project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana,
    Can you talk more about the final project....the decision to go in a different direction etc.

    ReplyDelete