Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Thoughts on 3D

Shooting the compositions seemed to me to stay in the realm of 2D for the most part, having exemptions in the poking the camera shot and maybe the tee pee that Max was sitting in. As stated in my previous blog, it was my lack of knowledge for the functionality of 3D that I was unable to utilize it to its ultimate extent. I just don't understand how 3D can add more information to the shot. Also, the amount of time given to experiment, compose, and do these shots was really short so it made even having time to contemplate about 3D's complexities and nature very scarce. The trees seem to pop out and more of the subject matter seems to pop out, but it doesn't really do anything more to the scene and it bothers me not knowing how it can be better. Working on the laptop proved problematic as I could not really do everything I wanted since it would freeze up, lag, or not start up programs. Every time I would move a clip onto the editing bar, it would add a bunch of extra layers, eventually leaving me with like 80 layers that I didn't need. The extra little file that is created when you edit a clip in Vegas is a little annoying as it double the amount of stuff that you have to look at when you open the source folder. I think we used 5:1 sound which proved to be annoying in the editing part because there would be like 5 sound layers that are all integrated together to form one cohesive sound. This isn't bad unless you want to make adjustments to the sound; I ended up just taking the sound out of a clip altogether or muting the gain. The NVIDIA 3D player we had to use did not even play when I would try to use it, it would freeze up every time. And as we learned on Monday, the settings threw everyone off so hopefully when that gets figured out, the video should look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment